Monday, February 25, 2008

Chosen

Chosen is the first book in Ted Dekker's newest Circle series book. The series is called The Lost Books. My guess is that if you have read any of the other Circle books, this one will make a lot more sense. But I don't think it's imperative because I got along just fine.

It follows 4 teens as they set out on a quest. Their quest becomes much larger than anyone could ever imagine. They encounter the Horde, the Shataiki bats and a few Roush (good, white bats).

Fans of Lord of the Rings and/or Eragon will be pleased with this new series. There aren't extensive battle scenes but I'm sure there will be later on in the series when the huge Horde (orc-like creatures) encounter the Forest Guard (the good guys).

I don't know anyone else who has read this one yet, so I am anxious for some feedback. All in all, I thought it was pretty darn good.

No comments: