Friday, January 25, 2008

Inside the Mind of Gideon Rayburn

Sarah Miller has written an interesting type of book with Inside the Mind of Gideon Rayburn. It is about a young man whose thoughts are being intercepted by an anonymous (although obviously part of the story) girl.

Rarely do I have to reread passages because of confusion but I had to reread the first few pages of this book several times before feeling like I even *sort of* got it. Basically, the book is being told by the girl who is inside Gideon's head. I think it's supposed to be a mystery who the girl is but not to far into the book I had it figured out and then it just got boring.

Unfortunately I have to say I did not like this one. Just wasn't substantial enough for me. Another book about elite private schools. Bla.

No comments: