Monday, August 11, 2008

Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy

I can't believe I had never read this book until now. Gary D. Schmidt is now solidly in my top 3 YA authors of all time. I love ALL his books. He has a way of saying things that just resonates so loudly with me.

I always find the coolest quotes in his books. And Lizzie Bright was no exception. I don't have my copy in front of me right now (but I will edit this post when I have the quotes word for word).

I love how Mrs. Cobb turned out to be such a pivotal person in the story. And I think it's sad we didn't get to know more about Mrs. Hurd. Willis broke my heart when he painted those shutters and Turner is another one of Schmidt's AWESOME leading characters.

So - if you are like me and are waiting for some reason to give this one a go - wait no longer!

No comments: