Monday, August 11, 2008

The Art of Racing in the Rain

Who would have thought a whole novel could be written - and a deep one at that - from the perspective of a mixed breed dog? Definitely not me. But when someone told me about the premise of this book, I was totally intrigued. I took it home and read it in one night.

Apart from some of the detailed racing stuff, I dug the book thoroughly. It was funny, sad, heartbreaking and completely believable. Yes - a book written by a dog was (to me) extremely believable. I kept looking at my dog and wondering if he was capable of such deep thoughts as Enzo. And I know it's doubtful but I really like the idea!

I hope more people read this book. It was recommended by several staff members in my library system and it gets my full recommendation as well!

No comments: