Monday, July 21, 2008

Skin Hunger

Kathleen Duey used a very cool writing method with Skin Hunger. The chapters were alternatively narrated by a teenage boy who is stuck in a dark magic school and a farm girl turned city girl who may have gotten in over her head with her new roommates.

How these two characters are related is a mystery until the very last page. Clues are dropped along the way as to what the connection may be but the truth does come out in the end.

Speaking of the end, I was left wanting MUCH more. I realize this is advertised as "Book One" but such an anticlimactic cliff hanger really made me mad!

All in all, it was a really good book. I liked the voices of the characters as well as the setting and the mystery. Can't wait for the next one!

2 comments:

kathleen duey said...

I was searching for a review of the book that someone told me about...and stumbled in your door along the way. So I will answer your question.

The next one, Sacred Scars, will be out next summer.
I am writing it now and all the characters are doing things I didn't expect. I am just chasing them around, writing what happens. It fascinates me, how real the characters seem when I am writing them.

Morgan said...

Wow Kathleen - thanks for dropping by!

I cannot wait for Sacred Scars. I'm sure it will be just as enchanting.