Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Graceling

What a fantastic book this was! I'm a huge fan of the happy ending and even though this book didn't have a sappy, perfect, wrap-it-all-up ending, I still loved it!

The characters were so imaginative and dynamic. The story line was creative and original. I loved the idea of having a Grace. I wonder what mine would be?

On a similar note, after having finished this book I saw a show on TV about people with supernatural powers. For example, this one guy could withstand extreme cold temperatures by regulating his own body tempreature. They dropped him into 8 degree cold water and he didn't even shiver. I thought - wow - he is a Graceling! I love it when real life portrays the literary life.

Kristin Cashore's book is going to be very popular. Mark my words.

No comments: